Monday, April 29, 2013

Baptism: Fresh whites

This weekend --or this saturday rather, I will be attending a baptism for my cousin's son whom I have yet to see lol.  It seems like a last minute quickie baptism before the family all leaves for a wedding in the phils...


read on to see my options!


I had a few realizations while trying to find an appropriate outfit for the occasion....First, although I have a closet stuffed to the brim full of clothing (literally), I feel as if I have nothing to wear only because I'm the type of person that likes to keep clothing for special occasions...Something I think I learnt from my mom, though I tell her to stop doing it and just use them! lol. I love my clothes and have had incidents in the past where something was spilt onto clothing I loved and had vowed to not use my beloved fave articles of clothing for anything other than special occasions haha.

Secondly, I love to collect an inordinate amount of white for clothing.  I have no idea where this fetish of white, cream and black comes from as I have never had this subconscious need to wear a wedding dress (i hope). I find that ever since my early 20s, I've always loved the crisp look of black and white or cream.  It's dramatic -chanelesque.  Maybe that's why i've always loved the luxe brand Chanel.

So here's my first option:

This is a suit that I bought from BEBE about three years ago now, back when BEBE still had some quality to their clothing (sorry BEBE).  The Suiting is made of thick material--maybe cotton? that has a good lining to the blazer and well reinforced.  I love this suit but I always thought the skirt felt two sizes to big.  It still kind of does but ever since I filled out abit below the waist (lol) it doesn't seem to be as noticeable as before.  Remember that rant about incidents on beloved clothing? This would be one of them.  There's a few not-so-noticeable spots on the blazer because I used to just use it as a stand-alone piece to jeans or trousers and have seen some spots over the years.  Sad, but I still love it!

Blazer: BEBE (old)

Top: Aritzia

Skirt: BEBE (old)

Shoes: Guess (Old)

Option Two:

I know, blurry pic.

Blazer: Zara

Top: Le Chateau

Pants: zara

Shoes: Guess

I just couldn't take a clear shot but it's a cream suit, you get the idea right? It's a two-piece cream suiting from Zara that I picked up coincidentally on boxing week for CHEAP.  I kid you not.  The set is less than $100.  I think the pants need hemming though, so this was automatically out.  It was one of those honorable mentions though!

Option #3:


Blazer: Dynamite

Top: Le Chateau (old)

Skirt: Le Chateau (old)

This is an even older outfit...i mean to say it's been in my closet for years lol well, at least the skirt. Again, all white (what's up with that?)

Anyways, those are my options for the Baptism over the weekend. I figured that i'd play this one abit on the safe side and go with my tried and true fave color pallette --which coincidentally isn't even really a true colour lol.

Which outfit would you choose? (comment below!)

Happy Friday! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...