Friday, January 27, 2012

Dare to Try? beauty bargain deals, instyle and more!

I love a good shopping jaunt anytime, more so when I have errands to run and check off my list.  Recently my trusty, ol' hair dryer from years ago breathed its last hot air.  It stopped mid-drying and it not only shocked me that it just died in the morning while I hurriedly (is that a word!?) dried my hair before work, but frustrated me because I wasn't planning on a broken dryer to  have to replace.

Alas, sh!t happens, and I managed to get to the mall a day after.  I had to make do with a non-washed hair for one day which wasn't too bad I guess.
Okay, i'm not usually a person to believe the 'As seen on TV' ads...As much as I get entertained by the Cham-wow commercial, I tend to not always believe what I see on tv.  When I was browsing the pages of instyle, I saw under their best bargain beauty buys section they advertised this Conair Dryer that is supposedly as good as the professional salon hair dryers (or comparable) because of its AC motor.  I'm not all that sure what the heck it means, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Infiniti Pro by Conair folding Hair Dryer
I purchased it at Zellers for $39.99 plus tax.  Hefty price to pay for a small hair dryer!

I have been using it for the last couple of days and so far so good. 

to check out my review as well as other products I recently purchased...

Pros
  • It's small so fits on my hand no problem.
  • The motor is certainly strong, seems to blow fairly strong but not too hot to the point of drying my hair out completely
  • the handle twisting - good for travel
  • came with a travel bag!
Cons
  • It seems slightly heavy, maybe because of the motor?
  • Since the air isn't as hot, it doesn't seem to blowdry as fast (not completely sure if that's a pro or con)
  • It's marketed for travel--the twisting handle to make compact, the travel bag etc. but it's not dual voltage!? what up with that? lol
  • Anyways, I'm fairly happy with the purchase, and except for needing another dryer with dual voltage aside, it works for me domestically.
John Frieda Full Repair Flyaway Tamer
This one was on a whim.  I was getting tired of flyaways and stray strands making me look like i've been electricuted.  Most mornings I end up looking like medusa thanks to random stray hairs sticking up lol.  This was also in the best bargain beauty buys section so I thought I'd give it a whirl.  It wasn't cheap either! I spent $16 plus tax for it.  I've tried it tho, and it seems to work well.  I'll review it once I've used it more.
Revlon Photoready Airbrush Foundation.
I am already a fan of their Photoready foundation, the original one.  It's been a good foundation that evens out my skintone.  Actually, Revlon overall has fairly good foundations for a cheaper price than MAC and other brands.  It's not as cheap either but I find that it's comparable to a pricier brand.

 I haven't quite tried this but have seen a few reviews.  It pumps out in a mousse like liquid form, and expands so that's one thing I already I should be careful of.  It's easy to waste the foundation that way.

 Once I've tried it, I will review as well....

It's good to check out the instyle website and get ideas on the products they have reviewed, but be aware that what may work for one tester may not work for all.  The best way to find a product that works for you is to try it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...