Friday, April 20, 2012

Dress for less!

My first ever bandage inspired dress was from Marciano--the Hayden dress, bought by my bf.  I have been inlove with the fit and cut eversince.  I can't imagine a more flattering shape than shaping your own silhouette.   Since then, lots of imitations have surfaced, from the small trendy stores to the bigger box stores releasing their own version.  I have tried different ones over the years, since i knew the price of my fave Marciano dress wasn't quite as easily reachable to the masses, but alas, I couldn't find one better...Unless you went to Herve Leger or BCBG --now those are some pretty hot looking bandage dresses (duh, from the original himself).

I recently found this dress while doing my usual perusing of the Forever 21 website..

Forever 21 - Paneled Cutout Dress - $35.80 cdn.

To compare, check out my Marciano Dress...




Marciano Shane Dress $168.00 cdn

Unfortunately, i purchased this dress at regular price.  It's a great dress, very versatile, but I wouldn't recommend just jumping into a purchase like this out of the blue.  There was definitely some hesitating on my part back and forth before purchasing this.  I do love the cut, and I have something similar so I'm familiar with the fit.

Just a note--this isn't the Hayden Dress I was talking about earlier.  I got the the Hayden dress years ago and has since been retired.  It's sad because the fit was gorgeous and it was slightly different type of knit than this dress. 

If you're in the market for a cute day to night dress and you don't want to spend as much as me, Forever 21 is a good alternative.  Dresses like these can be fairly versatile with a change of accessories and shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...