Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sheer Blush and Neutrals


Today was a cloudy day but I was still hopeful that some sunshine will peak out of the clouds even for just a little bit...It was busy at work but I pushed through to get some paperwork done, even if not all...I love sheer blouses lately, I guess you could even say obsessed! I love that they give that feminine touch to a normal work outfit! 

To find out what I wore...



Blouse: Zara

Tanktop underlay: Jacob (old)

Pants: RW & Co

Shoes: Nine West

Necklace: Aldo

Watch: Guess
 The blouse is different from the usual dress shirt style--this one is more of a henley style, sans collar.  It gives a hint of casualness to the outfit.

The details of this shirt like the button on the shoulder kind of remind me of military shirts--it's sort of an oxymoron of an outfit in that it's such a feminine shirt with the color of blush and the type of soft fabric, but the dress shirt stye and the military inspired detailing reminds me more of men's wear inspired.

I'm not one to wear lots of jewelry--at least not lately.  Recently, I've found that there's more of a dramatic effect in finding certain pieces that finish the outfit instead of compete with it.  Here, I decided to wear a collar necklace with an oval stone pendant, one of my fave necklaces, which is somewhat of a centerpiece to the outfit.  It puts an emphasis on the neck, which having a henley type of dress shirt has allowed enough of an opening to show off a part of the neck, hence, showing off the pendant.

To tell you the truth, the reason I ended up wearing a mustard belt is because I couldn't find my red skinny belt.  I mean it still works since it's a contrasting bright color to the soft blush and the neutral shoes.

I love love love these shoes...So cute! I found these slingbacks at the Nine West outlet store during my birthday weekend trip.  I love the color, the neutral hue pairs well with lots of outfits--casual or semiformal.

The heel height is just high enough for a good work shoe, not sky high but still makes a statement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...