Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cutting Edge: lasercut trends


One of spring/summer trends that I have been obsessing about recently comes from an old idea of the weave and wicker basket style patterns.  It's cute but much more intricate in detailing --laser cut designs.  It's been popping up in clothing patterns, shoes and other accessories.  It's so gorge!

The cuts can range in various patterns and the intricacies are just amazing!  It can also vary in prices so don't think that just because it's intricately designed, it's going to break the bank.  You'll see after the jump, that some of my pieces aren't so expensive, but the detailing makes it look pricier!

check out the accessories in my closet from this trend!

Forever 21
I am inlove with the shades of green (lol not quite a book!) from kelly green, military shade that look so good for cargos to mint and teal.  It's no surprise that I gravitated to it once again --there was another choice of coral, but I wasn't quite brave enough for it. This reminds me of a pic of my mom I saw once, posing near a teracotta colored brick wall when she was younger.  The wall had the same design and this kinda brought me back.  It may be that memory or something else but this bag sure does have a retro feel to it.

BEBE
Okay, this one's slightly pricier lol.  This was a splurge that I still don't regret til' this day.  It's gotten alot of wear and it shows unfortunately, but it's still one of my fave pair of shoes.  I love the detailed cuts in the leather, it reminds me of a wicker effect but for leather.  It adds texture without having to add colour --perfect for tone on tone outfits!

Suzy Shier
I stumbled upon this belt whie perusing the racks in a rush at Suzy Shier.  I find that with that store, it's often a hit or miss for stuff so I don't always tend to go rack to rack.  I did however, end up with this neat find of a laser cut belt.  It's a wide belt that goes really great with light coloured outfits, bearing a similar effect to the bag above, two toned laser cut look!  I love this belt --so cute.  fyi, this is an example of a cheap but great find --this belt cost less than $15 with tax!

BCBG
Have you noticed that the expensive items in this blog are usually four letters? lol.  This is self-explanatory, it came from BCBG.  This is my absolute fave clutch.  I don't use it as much as I'd like to because of the fact that I spent quite abit on it, even if I did grab it on sale.  It's very detailed as it has very small laser cuts in a repetitive pattern.  It really reminds me of the basket weave that I love to sport during summer.  It even came with it's own dust bag!

A lasercut accessory can be a great addition to your wardrobe, it not only adds abit of architecture to your wardrobe but can add contrast if you're using the two-toned effect.  It's a fresh spring/summer addition that gives that weave illusion, and if you find the right items will give your outfit the right accent piece!

Happy Summer Hunting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...