Monday, June 11, 2012

It happened by chance: Dinner at oakwood


There was once a 'hole in the wall' type resto-lounge in the trendy but quieter part of west 4th --Tatlow's.  From what I remember of the times we had gone, it always seemed busy so imagine my surprise when we were headed there for our usual date night fridays and it was closed!

Fast forward a few years and we were in the neighborhood after my bf picked up hockey gear and decided to check out the restaurant that has replaced our old spot!



Let me tell you that it was a gem of a find!  The old restaurant has been replaced with a trendy resto-lounge, Oakwood Canadian Bistro and let me tell you, it was a little piece of heaven!  One of the more delicious meals we've had in awhile, their place is unique in that they make everything in-house.  When we walked in, we were greeted in a warm and animated greeting by someone that seemed like an old friend but turns out to be the owner of the establishment!  During the course of the meal, he proceeded to visit almost every table to say hello, chat a bit with the customers and make sure that they are having the best experience possible.

I have to say that it was a great meal and I would most def go back there again!

*** two thumbs up! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...