Monday, June 18, 2012


 What's in my makeup bag?

I guess it's like a tag that happens on youtube but about my make-up bag instead of the ever-popular 'bag tag'.

I've done one of these before but like life itself, make-up evolves as a person grows up except for some classic favourites that a person can swear by.  Here's what's in my make-up bag:

[L to R]
Maybelline Dream Matte powder in Beige Medium 2-2.5; Revlon New Complexion foundation compact in Tender Peach

My morning routine for foundation is different from what can be found in my makeup bag...I use the photoready airbrush foundation from Revlon but for touch-ups, I prefer to use the compact as it's less of a hassle and great for coverage.  I've used this for years and it's been a god-send for me!

The Maybelline dream matte powder is a new try for me recently.  I didn't want to spend $$$ on my usual MUFE HD powder (which I eventually did and you'll see later on here) and I got this on the suggestion of a youtuber that it works just as well as a finishing powder.  It is in my opinion that if you want your foundation to last and least of all cake all over everywhere, it's good to have a setting or finishing powder to finish off the foundation and have it stay.  Of course if you don't want a matte skin it may be abit of drawback for this brand but there are alot of setting or finishing powders than can help achieve your matte or glowy look.

Make Up Forever HD Powder

I love love love this stuff! It is simply uh-mazing!!! Ever since i bought this on a lark, i've been such a devoted fan.  It comes with a hefty price though, at this small container, it can cost upt $20-$30 but you don't need to put alot so you get alot of use before running out!  It sets and finishes the foundation and has light-reflecting little specks of silica powder that does wonders when posing in front of the camera!


Travalo travel perfume sprtitzer

Everyone meet my savior for smelling sensational on the go! It's the ultimate traveller for the woman running around with their head cut off! lol.  The travalo is such an amazing invention, you can refill the perfume by using the actual perfume bottle of your choice, pumping it straight from the bottom without any muss or fuss!

This is the ultimate for travelling abroad or even just to be able to fit in your make-up by (like yours truly) or even in a little clutch! It allows for continuous touch-ups which I love!

Nars Blush -Orgasm

Another oldie but goodie in my make-up bag!  It's my absolute fave blush--nars orgasm.  It works for almost every complexions and flatters most!  I love that it's such a bright shade of pink and yet it goes on so well as a blush.

I've loved this for awhile that I ended up getting the bronzer in Laguna as well!  I ended up buying the duo of blush and bronzer set.  It works so well and has such a cute case!

[L to R]

Hey Sailor! collection Mac Lipliner in Saunter; Mac Pro Longwear Lipliner in Kiss me Quick; Mac Eyeliner in Ebony.

I've only recently gotten into MAC pencils.  In the past I used to buy the cheap bonne bell versions, but recently I've been investing in make-up that may be more pricey but has fewer chances of allergic reactions --and they sharpen better than the cheaper counterparts.  So far so good, I haven't had any bad experiences from these so I gotta say I am pleasantly surprised and may be a repeat customer for their pencils.

Olay Anti-Aging Eye Roller

Do I look less tired lately?  Ha! it's not because i've suddenly caught up on sleep lol.  It's this little miracle worker in a stick form is where i get my somewhat rested eyes! I saw this on a list for one of the best beauty buys of 2011 and thought I'd give it a try.  So far so good! It's certainly gotten me through my NYC trip! lol.
[L to R]

Tweezerman Lash Curler; Maybelline Illegal Lengths Mascara in Blackest Black; Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara.

Wanna know what makes my lashes so llush without falsies? Here they are! My dream team for lashes! It is absolutely full-proof! Of course it doesn't hurt that I've been blessed with lovely lashes from my familia ;-)

I've always been a fan of Maybelline's line of mascaras and this one is no different.  For the drugstore price, you get top quality of ultimate lengthening!  the Benefit mascara volumizes the lashes and makes it look so plush! love!

Maybelline Baby Soft Lips; blistex lip balm in Mint

Kissable lips?

I hate having dry, peeled lips that just tend to happen at any moment that the air is dry enough.  It used to be that it only happened in deep winter when the air just freezes anything it touches, but nowadays it can happen when you least expect it.  I recently just started using the Maybelline Baby Soft lips stick and I have to say, it works just as well as lip balm.  I suspect it has some petroleum gel like properties lol.  I still keep the blistex around just in case in the driest of weathers.  It never hurts to be prepared!

[L to R]

Coverall Concealer in 802; MAC Select Cover-up in NC20;

If you're skin was proned to breaking out when you were a teen like me, you'd tend to have one or more types of concealers.  I find that getting older, the job of concealer not so much conceals (well it still somewhat does but less than as a teen) but evens out the skin tone.

As an adult i was blessed that my skin cleared up but in turn, my skin started having red spots.  It's a trade-off I guess.  It's not so bad though because red spots aren't as bad as blemish scars.

Sephora Kabuki Brush

I use this mainly for applying my finishing powder or my HD Powder.  Lush hair makes it good for applying powders.



Well, that's the end of what's in my make-up bag tag! lol.

Hope you enjoy, and share with me what's in yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...