Friday, September 16, 2011

Vancouver, Ottawa make Top 10 list for badly dressed

Wow, I am a vancouverite and I am ashamed!  Where are Clinton Kelly and Stacy London when you need them!!??

I get it, the birth place of yoga pants and all things comfort wear which is Lulu Lemon is in Vancouver.  Aritzia has its own version of the ever-popular yoga gear as well...but where does it all end?  The WTNW duo warned us about this, the lines between comfort and slouch in certain occasions...little did we know it would haunt a whole city! ack!



At least Ottawa was known for a sea of ties and suits, i mean that's boring but well dressed boring!   C'mon Vancouver, let's step it up!

I admit, I am a fan of leggings.  They are like my fat pants--never tight after dinner, and a 'dressier' alternative to yoga pants...but, how much dressier are they really?  In my mind, they are not worth abolishing altogether because I'd freak out if I didn't have my fat pants to do errands in on a lazy day or when I just don't want to wear jeans because they're so stifling!

I also realize that for certain occasions or places, leggings can be as much of a faux pas as yoga pants...Same stretch, different hems ( yoga pants are sometimes wider at the bottom like sweats).  For work, I have been guilty of wearing them at time or two (or a hundred, really anytime I can get away with it).  I have recently since realized that an alternative to skinny pants with a more office appropriate look are skinny or straight leg dress pants.  I love that they taper down to the hem but not so fitted that makes it look yoga-ish.  The straight-leg cut has been long accepted in the types of trousers worn along with wide-leg and flared.

I see potential in Vancouver and the clothes we wear in our city.  We know how to relax, but we should get credit for the fact that there are times we just don't take ourselves that serious to dress like we're on a runway everyday!  Then again, I also believe there are those out there that could stand to use a tip or two from a stylist....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...