Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sound the Alarm!

I am a creature of habit, and as such I stick to what I know, what I'm comfortable with and what works.  It's hardly a motto for someone into fashion, because we all know that just as seasons change, so does fashion.

I do have the experimental side of me that likes to try new things once in awhile when I see something daring that I just have to try for myself.  Hence, the lipstick in la rouge.


I thought it would be fun to venture out of my comfort zone of nude, pinkish lips and try something vampy for fall.  It's the best season to...The darker colors always work best during these times.


I thought about buying MAC, but I didn't feel that it would be a good idea spending money on something I've never tried.  Of course I could've done a tester in-store but didn't have the time (I wasn't at the mall, I was at Walmart lol).  With no useable testers around, I decided to go for it and impulsively buy a red lipstick (I'm kidding, i've thought about it for awhile now).  I chose Rimmel Long lasting 25 hr lipstick (no really, that's what it said on the ad).

I decided to try it on when I got home, all excited that it's my first red lipstick since I used to play with my mom's back in the day.  I am glad that it worked out and I love it!  Check it out!

After trying it on, I goofed around and took pics lol.



I've heard the cautionary tale many times about wearing a dark lipstick and dark eyes and how it clashes and makes you look...well, not so pretty.  I am well aware how fast you can go from vampy red to skanky..bleh.

Take heed of this cautionary tale and like me, you'll do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...