Thursday, May 6, 2010

monk & lou @ Plen+y.

beats:: some emily osment song i can't seem to get out of my head.

outfit of the day:: Black Zara pants, White Garage Racerback tanktop & AE light taupe coloured cardi (and my white Puma runners lol)

fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: still....my Chanel sunglasses =) I'm still waiting, sunshine!

6 Weeks into spring, and all I see is gloom...ugh.

I want some sunshine in my life again! scratch that-- I need sunshine in my life again!  Where the heck is it??  I am awaiting the use of my uber fave sunglasses and much awaited spring wardrobe.

Speaking of wardrobe....

I was perusing the store, Plen+y yesterday afternoon and noticed the brand, Monk & Lou.  I rarely go into that store these days, considering how they house more of the pricier boutique labels, sort of like Ariztia.  I think that they are quite similar in that they house different brands, some you can find in other stores, others are abit more unique.  They cater to the fashionistas with a more ecclectic, unique sense of style.  While Aritzia focuses more on just the ladies and more on the trendy side of things, Plen+y mixes men and women, and mixes urban with the trendy.

So on to Monk & Lou....

My initial sighting was thanks to this nice 'Boyfriend' Blazer.  While I'm not accustomed to buying those at a bulk, I do like an occasional blazer now and again.  It's cut quite nicely with what seems like a slight tapered waist even if it mostly has a boxy shape.  Their pieces for the most part were quite nice, tho for the most part pricey.  The cute black mini skirt I had my eye on was stickered at $79.00 while most of my minis tend to be around the $20-$60 range.  All in all, I found this brand to be quite trendy and cute, reminding me of the styles that Aritzia carries, with its Talula Babitton and Wilfred brands. 

I'd still consider it, though this was more a quick run-through at the store, so I doubt I remembered every piece from their line.  I'd still be on the lookout in the future what they may have in store for the up-coming seasons....I certainly was intruiged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...