Friday, May 7, 2010

The 'mini' season...rockin' it and lovin' it!

beats:: Calvin Harris - Ready for the weekend.

OOTD:: Casual Fridays! *woohoo!* Black Sirens Tanktop, Sirens White Jeans & Black Wilfred shawl.

fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: Chanel Sunglasses baby!!! let the sunshine in!!!!=)

Lovin' the sunshine on this gorgeous friday...Happy Friday lovelies!~*

It's been so gorgeous the past couple of days that it's hard to believe its only spring...I mean except for the crazy freakish winds once in awhile and the colder breeze during night time lol.  I've been sporting more and more of my spring warm fashions in hopes of encouraging more sunny days!

I've noticed my sudden obsession with mini skirts, having avoided it since my early 20s.  After hitting my mid 20s, I've sort of had this stigma associated with the mini as being abit tacky.  I know, so critical of me! lol. 

I could never had been more wrong!

In the last few months, I've collected a cornucopia of minis!  They range (as per my previous entry) from $15-$60.  I've always inter-mixed cheap with the pricier brands to keep my budget in tact.  Afterall, well-rounded shoppers know that a well-known brand isn't always the best route, and some cheap knock-offs aren't the greatest quality.

The lower price point skirts, I found at Costa Blanca & Urban Behaviour.

The Higher price point minis, Like the ones from BEBE and Bedo are more of my 'fashion investments'.  Though don't get me wrong, even at their higher price points, neither skirt are more than $60 CDN!! They may be higher priced, but they don't break the bank!

I think that with certain trends, its important to realize that some do come back in fashion eventually, but others remain in the past, and therefore before spending a crazy amount of money on something that may only be around for a season, think if it will actually transition into a classical piece that can be integrated into a basic wear or with the regular wardrobe you already have.

Do you have a trendy seasonal piece that you consider to be your 'IT' fashion statement for the season?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...