Thursday, May 13, 2010

Club Monaco S/S 2010...LOVE!!!

beats:: I'm not myself tonight-Christina Aguilera

OOTD::

fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: umm. earplugs for this song maybe? lol joke.

I happened to wander around Club Monaco recently and fell inlove with their Spring/Summer Collection 2010...Well it's really just the Spring Collection that's out at the moment i think....I've always loved the minimalist clean lines and monochromatic colours that is the signature of the label.  It's like an upscale Gap, along the lines of Banana Republic you could say...Fairly on the pricey side, I've often opted to pass on the styles, but I can't seem to get certain pieces out of my mind this time around for some reason! lol.

A run-down of my faves....

The Catherine Silk Skirt - I am obsessed with the Cream, stone, offwhite etc. colour.  It's the hardest to keep clean and yet I will gravitate to it EVERY time.  I love the draping effect of this skirt, it's so lady-like and relaxed, and yet it's actually shaped to fit as a mini! loves it!

Emoni Cupro Dress -  Okay, the pic does not do this tunic dress justice at all! The moment I saw this dress, I could sooo see my cuz in this..Loves it...It's so spring/summer...The flower shaped sequin in the front of the dress is so beautiful...The looseness of the tunic allows for it to be belted without hiking up.  Can you say, lounging dress? lol.

Carter Sequin Jacket - This is so intricately sequined it's such a beautiful jacket to wear on top as a finishing touch for a night time outfit.  It reminds me somewhat of a chanel tweed shape-wise.  It's like wearing an art piece!

Martine Silk Dress - Love Love Love! If I can remember correctly, this dress is a racerback and sequined.  It sparkles and is a perfect night time dress for lounging or a date....It somehow reminds me of Miami...maybe it's the light hue lol.

Jacie Skirt - Okay seriously, I try to stay away from a crazily done pleated skirt, but this one is just too cute to pass up.  It's one of those pieces of clothing that can take you from day to night with just a few changes in the outfit.  I love that it's long enough to pass for the office and cute enough to keep and change maybe a top and add some bling and maybe into sky-high stilettoes and ur all set to meet the girls for happy hour!!

Okay, so there's one more skirt, a tulip striped brown satin skirt that I couldn't find on the website, anyways, it's another must if you're looking for a day to night kind of skirt...I like double duty outfits that can take you from day to night with just a few changes, cause face it, there are times that we can't go back home to change....Sometimes, there's just enough time to re-touch the makeup, change up some accessories and get going! lol.

Anyways, sometimes taking a second look into an old fave can give new breath of life into an ailing routine in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...