Monday, June 14, 2010

Linen in technicolor!~*

beats:: halo - beyonce

OOTD:: same as below =P

fave fashion accessory of the day/moment::

So now that I've vented out on my great sandals disappointment, I thought I should liven things up with something more befitting with the weather.

I realize that with summer now just a week away, people are starting to bring out the summer wear, the staples that you will see throughout the coming months of intense heat.  One of them being the linen-- well really almost anything! lol.  Linen shirts, shorts, skirts, pants...the list goes on.

The whites, and khakis and stone coloured linen clothes will be taken out from the back part of the closet, dusted and dry-cleaned or hand-washed (ha! fat chance lol) and once again will be one of the must-have staples for summer.

As fun as that sounds, however, I think that what's caught my eye on the linen craze is the new spin that some trendy younger-ish shops are doing.  It's not so much a new spin, but just revamping the old lighter coloured linens into fresh bright colours that match the trend for spring/summer 2010.
I recently bought a pair of linen shorts that were so cute, it was hard to resist!  They were a pair of mustard coloured linen shorts with cuffs...so cute and a great alternative to the lighter colours, but yet not quite as dark as black.

As much as I do love my whites for summertime, there is nothing wrong with venturing into a little bit of colour to brighten the summer wardrobe!  Red isn't the only colour to help make your wardrobe pop anymore....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...