Tuesday, June 1, 2010

my luxe essentials.

beats:: empire state of mind - jay z ft a. keys

OOTD:: my jammies =)

fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: my jammies =)

Ever so often, along with my beautiful array of dresses, I try to round out my wardrobe with some essential pieces of clothing.  Essentials to me are about as important as the outfits that I wear, since these are pieces that I tend to wear more often and comfort is a must.

More than anything else, essentials are like those behind the scenes articles of clothing that you may only catch a glimpse of underneath a jacket or a sweater, but definitely makes the outfit in more ways than anyone will know...

I love my uber comfy racerback tanktops and my crazy soft tees and even my 3/4 length and long-sleeved shirts.  They are my basic go-to's when I'm wanting to layer or even put something on that I know guaranteed will give me long-lasting comfort and add style to my fashionable outfit.

Normally, my go-to brands switch back between Marciano and BEBE for my tanks...I've collected a not so cheap collection of racerbacks and tees that are super comfy and well worth the pennies I drop for them!  To date, my fave would be my Marciano 'M' Logo tee that's 3/4 length and soooo soft.  OMG its crazy comfy it gets me through a bad workday when I'm not in the mood to be dressed lol.

Lately though, I've reverted back to my less expensive faves, and an oldie fave =)

The tees and tanks at Forever 21 are crazy cheap and great value for the quality!  For tees that are around $6 CDN and around $5 CDN tanktops, how can you go wrong!? It comes in a great variety of styles like spaghetti straps and racerbacks and variety of colours too!

An oldie that I've been reverting back to for some essentials is a store that I've long sworn off.  It's just too much of a kiddie store that all the tweens and teens love to shop at, and having to compete with the kids is not my style.  I have to admit, I do love some of their clothes tho.  I am talking about Aritzia.  Their lines: Wilfred, Talula, TNA and Talula Babaton are great lines that have greatly impressed me the last few seasons.  I am looking forward to their next few season's lines =)


Okay so when I love something, I tend to buy in multiples, that's just how I am! lol.  I love the soft feel of these tanktops, cotton/spandex mix.  I love the light teal colour.  It also comes in a nice yellow and light pink =) It's a great buy for $25 cdn.  I luv luv luv wearing these that I'd buy a few more colours when I get the chance! lol.  I really do love to buy comfy essentials in multiples.  It's nice to have in handy for regular days and even for trips and such!
What are your fave luxe essentials??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...