Monday, June 14, 2010

Fashion Lesson: Quantity vs. Quality

beats:: some kesha song that's playing in my head over and again.

OOTD:: Marciano Bandage multi-striped Dress, Nine West black and cream mjs and Jacob 3/4 sleeve black cardigan.

fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: my chanel sunglasses! =)

So last week I got a very important lesson in quantity vs. quality.  I guess once in awhile, I do so need that swift kick in the toosh to remind me that things won't always be what they seem.  What may appear to look good on the surface, and seem like a deal, won't necessarily be.

I bought some sandals not too long ago from one of the more trendy but cheaper stores in the mall, Urban Planet.  This place is known for it's mega quantity, poor quality clothes, but I figured that it's sandals, I'm sure it wasn't going to be that bad.  It was cute, and the last one in the racks, not to mention it was in my size.  I thought that this was a sign....and so I bought the darned thing.

In the end, it wasn't so much of a deal, considering I must've paid around $22 including tax for the sandals, they should've at least lasted me till the end of summer right!? NOPE.  One use later, I'm now attempting to glue the soles together again, after splitting on me after one day's use.

WTF!?

Ladies beware.  A deal isn't always a deal, unless you are sure that the quality isn't crap.  Then again, no matter what the price, you'll always encounter a defect at some point in your shopping life.  It's just a matter of what that retailer will do for you once you do encounter the defect.

I am now at a loss.  This store isn't normally one for 'customer service'...Certainly not one that will try to help you out by replacing it with one that isn't faulty.  I am left with these sandals, forced to try to fix them after wasting enough money already buying them in the first place.

Again i say, BEWARE.

Don't always be fooled by the 'cheaper prices for similar fashions' sell.  There are times when it may be worth your while, but there are more times it just may not be.

Weight out your options and choose wisely.  Don't be fooled by the trendy cutesy stuff.  No matter how cute they are on you, they won't make a damned difference if they break one use later.

I certainly wish I did....

Where you'll be finding me at lunch time is at the local drug store, trying to find a super glue that will repair my cheap quality but not so cheap priced sandals.

boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...