Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Big Chill

beats:: tears for fears - everybody wants to rule the world

OOTD:: Black Zara Blazer, White Forever 21 v-neck t-shirt, Garage Black Leggings, BEBE black/cream booties.

fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: my black/cream booties from bebe! luvs!

Like I've been mentioning, the colder weather is here...I mean definitely here.

I've been coming home late nights feeling the big chill in the air, and even though the sun manages to shine during the daytime I still feel a tingling chill up my spine that tells me it's not summer anymore! lol.  I loved summer, but I'm somewhat looking forward to what the fall/winter season will bring.  I have been seeing countless number of sales at the malls for outerwear, anticipating for the cold return of the winter air.

I've been thinking recently that one of the pieces I need to replace this year would be my cream coat.  I love the cream coat and I'd hate to lose it, but it looks all beaten up and may need replacing.  Sad but true.  I hate shopping for coats.  I used to grab the first cheap coat I found and buy it, but there's more to consider these days when buying winter outerwear. 

For any outerwear I buy for the colder weather (excluding my blazers) I always try to look at the inside tags to give me an indication on the level of warmth it will give.  I am fussy when it comes to staying warm--I am sensitive to the heat and cold, so having the right level of warmth is very important to me. 

In the next few weeks, I will be shopping around for a new winter coat and a down jacket, maybe even a peacoat and will take this blog through my agonizing journey to replace my old cream coat and my Ralph Lauren Down jacket.  While the RL down jacket may survive one or two more winters, the cream coat from Zara will be sorely missed! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...