Thursday, October 21, 2010

Back to basics: Winter 2010 Edition!

I've been hearing lately that because of the whole La Nina phenomenon, Vancouver is supposedly going to be getting the worst winter since 50 years ago.  If that hasn't scared me, I don't know what will! lol.  I am convinced that I am more than ever going to need more cozy, winter-proof clothes to keep me from getting sick this winter!

I recently went to Aritzia with my cousin because I've been dying to see their henley tee's.  I have been looking for henleys all summer long for fall and finally, they start coming out, slowly but surely! I recently bought one from Garage.  Not too long ago, they were not so easy to find!

The one I ended up buying...

It wasn't too expensive, just $19.90 (CDN).  100% cotton and very soft!  I love when my basic wear is suuuper soft! =)

Then a couple of days ago, I perused the Aritzia website hoping that they'd at last put up a catalogue of items they sell, at least some if not all and at least from their TNA line if nothing else!  Huzzah! they did!=)

Here are the henleys I found from Aritiza...

Community Wool Henley - Retail $60 (CDN) - Wool/Nylon Blend for a soft feel without the super itch I can only imagine lol.  I recently saw this in person (even asking the salesperson to find it for me! lol) and I have to say, it doesn't have the feel of wool.  The price seems abit steep but for wool, I guess it should be right on the money.

The other is The TNA Henley Tee version.  I think it's only cotton, but I wasn't able to find it so I'll have to confirm once I see it in person this weekend.
TNA Henley T-shirt - Retail $45 (CDN)
Standard henley tee, great for layering on top of tanks for more warmth.  I love the white, though the details are hard to see in this image.

Having a jacket that provides maximum protection and warmth for winter time is important, but so is knowing how to dress warmly for indoors as well.  Sometimes, it's just as important to know how to layer to keep warm while outside but not be too warm once you get indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...