Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Mustard ain't just for hotdogs this summer!~*

beats:: on to the next one- jay z
outfit of the day:: Forever 21 Black/White long cardigan, Garage Black Leggings & thigh high boots
fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: thigh high boots =)

Mustard on your hotdog!? What about to wear??? lol.

The beginning of spring 2010 has shown a crazy love affair with the burnt yellow or mustard hue in everything from the clothes we wear to the accessories we choose.  I for one have been on a personal quest since the beginning of february (going as far as Vegas! lol) to find myself the perfect mustard hue to add to my growing bag collection.  I have already extended my basic racerback colours from the usual black and white solids to include a mustard hue to accent my look for spring!  All I need now is the perfect bag and pair of shoes in the same hue, and I am soooo set! lol.

While I was in search of my own mustard hue'd fashion, I have decided to post some suggestions that I have found mostly at Forever 21 (and one from Aldo) on the cutest Mustard coloured clothes and accessories to help you with your quest to look your best this season!  Pls. feel free to suggest any of your own as well!

My personal 'Mustard' picks:


I know, I know...I already posted this early early early this morning!! lol.  I just sooo love the style and the hue of this spring/summer yellow.  It's a pure luv connection when you see the shade and the peep toe adds that extra summer breezy style to it. 

I know you're thinking, another plaid shirt!? lol.  Well I find that this cute lil' casual plaid shirt kinda kills two birds with one stone in terms of if you're really into the trends of mustard hues and also the plaid shirt thing.  It will go great to wear with jeans and a nice pair of rafia or chrochet tan flats =)


Okay this one is my personal fave.  I LOVE the hue like you have noooo idea.  I find this bag so adorably cute for spring that I just had to include it in this blog! lol.  It even has the two straps that are so in right now!  the shorter hobo shoulder strap and the cross body longer strap as well!(i think lol).  I am so into bigger hobo bags right now, it fits so much more than just a medium sized shoulder bag, at least for gallavanting about town and running errands!

I thought I'd show another top that looked cute and is also crossing with another trend at the moment.  This woven top is another summer-y top that I thought was pretty cute and could be a day-to-night kind of top!  You can pair it with shorts, or a nice pair of jeans (preferrably an indigo wash for me! lol) and either with flats, sandals or heels! I love the detailing on the neckline, it draws more attention to the upper features!

If you were looking for more of a night-time kind of top, this one is a sure winner! The ruffles on the top make it so feminine and not to mention the hue itself.  I love how it just gives abit of a peek-a-boo to your decouletage but doesn't open up to show everything.  It's the softness of the look that makes it sort of romantic looking while still giving you that extra pop of colour!


Last is this sweater that I thought would also add contrast and romance to your evening look.  The ruffles softens the sweater and makes it more feminine while still adding colour to your wardrobe!


These gave me an idea of what kinds of pieces I'd like in my wardrobe for the season to give that extra umph and wattage.  Just because it's summer, no reason to look hot and sizzling while enduring the heat!


These can all be found on the forever 21 website & aldo website on the sidebar of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...