Thursday, April 1, 2010

A big DASH of insipiration in my life of fashion!~*

beats:: Nothin' on you - B.O.B. ft. bruno mars
outfit of the day:: Bluenotes Plaid BF rollup shirt (crazy about 'em!), AE Jeans and Aldo 'ugg' type boots =)
fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: my old navy fleece zip up =) cooooozy!

Cloud and gloom...ugh.

Gotta look at the brighter side of things....it's only thursday BUT, it's a long weekend! *YAY!*  It's the first in a long 3 months of winter with no long weekend breaks.  I am just thankful we finally get a stat day =)

Moving on from the weather report...lol.

In recent months I've been going through celebrities that I admire for their great fashion sense for some fashion inspiration.  No one is in the public eye more than a celebrity, no matter for what reason, and therefore no one works harder to look good everyday, all day!  I find that instead of always looking at fashion mags like Vogue and Harper's, if I want to find fashion that I can relate to and is more the everyday look to inspire me, where better than pics of celebs doing the everyday stuff, like errands and going to and fro sets.  Even mags like People or US Weekly can show celebs in the most unflattering light, but in some instances, even the most ridiculous stories have pictures of celebrities in their most fashionable everday selves.

Today however, I am proud to name a first of few ladies that inspire my fashion sense, Ms. Kim Kardashian. 

From her rise to fame with her scandalous tape, to her reality show and her retail stores 'DASH' in Calabasas and Miami, she is one fashion pro!  In every pic she's in, whether it's news about her breakup with her bf Reggie Bush or the paparazzi snapping pics of her entering her Miami store 'DASH' she's always looked her best and nothing less.  Great job, Kim!  I luv luv lulv her fashion style, but Kim Kardashian is one truly unique lady. 

I am proud to be inspired by not only her keen sense of fashion but also just by being proud of herself and who she is.  Instead of dyeing her hair in all sorts of crazy blonde and brown colours (except for the one momentary lapse when she dyed it blonde..what were you thinking!?), instad opting to stay true to her natural hair, black.  I too, have dyed my hair lots of different colours, but in the end au naturel has always been the way to go.  I also admire her for the fact that she refuses to be a skinny waif in the midst of all the supermodels on the cover of magazines.  As she has mentioned in one interview, that she likes to eat and just wants to get toned.  Me too!  She inspires women to be proud and happy for their curves and that stick thin is just not healthy.

I always consider myself a blank canvas for fashion, I like soaking up new inspiration for my own road to discovery of my fashion sense.  I am always a work in progress =)  Kim Kardashian is just another muse to add to my fashion inspirations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...