Tuesday, April 6, 2010

fashion overhaul at 28

beats::make her say - kid cudi
outfit of the day:: fair isle cardigan & leggings & thigh high boots (hmm, i see a repetition lol)
fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: fair isle cardigan (it really keeps me warm!)

Good Morning lovelies!!~*

It's a beautiful tuesday morning despite repeated reports of rain...boo on you weatherman! lol.

I once read this article that in order to maintain a healthy balance between your bank account and your closet, you must eventually choose your fashion style as you get older.

valid point i guess.

It's like finding a career, once you get older, you must choose a path in which you want to continue on.  It makes sense, right!?

I think that partially that's true.  When you're young you go through stages, much like I, in order to find your true style.  Half the fun of discovering the person you are is through trials and errors, much like your fashion style.  Afterall, didn't someone say 'You are what you wear'..lol.  Obviously someone is lacking some self-esteem there...

Like i previously mentioned, I tried different styles in my younger days, from the cowboy boots to the preppy look and even the 90s grunge look that just made me look somewhat homeless lol.  I know, what was i thinking!?  I explored the many fashion fads and classic looks of my youth, which is essentially when you should experiment anyways!  So now I've started to settle into my look, abit more polished and feminine.  The only problem with me is that I still bounce around from time to time, and that can be costly!  There is more than one way to change your fashion, not only in the pieces you wear but also in how you accessorize...It's amazing how accessories like jewelry, handbags or even shoes can change a whole outfit like it's brand new again!

I am still in the process of figuring out what works for me, as I haven't quite given up on the process! lol.  Maybe once I hit 30, I will have a look that's comfortable for me.  My only advice when finding your look or even shopping is to try and find more classic pieces that will last for more than one season or trend.  It will end up saving you lots of $$$!!

as always, Happy Shopping!~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...