Thursday, April 29, 2010

a spice of inspiration for the bright white denim!~*

beats:: fly- vanessa camargo ft ja rule
outfit of the day:: Old Navy grey argyle cardigan & grey pants, white racerback and runners...
fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: my coffee =) im wired.

Okay, so as far as my fashion idols go, here is one great outfit that's inspired me for spring.

Victoria Beckham has always been a source of inspiration for me for fashion.  Her style is clean and classic but uber trendy, I love that british fashionista that just seems to shine out of her at every event she's pictured in.

As far as those that stand out in my mind as being a fashion icon, she is one of them for me.  And it's not the runways and the events that catch my eye either.  When a celebrity is at a red-carpet event, whether for awards or openings and premieres, they have a team of stylists to make sure they are red-carpet, picture-perfect and smile ready for the paparazzi. 

That's not style...at least, that's not their style.

I find that those celebrities that are out and about, living their regular lives and still maintain that fashion-worthy snap from the paparazzi, sometimes without even knowing it, are the ones that deserve the monicre, fashionista

When someone is able to pull an outfit together for a coffee run or errands around the city that makes you say 'I want that' then you know they've got fashion chops.  Everyone can look their best for a specific event, it's the everydayness that I'm more interested in....It comes down to whether they can be their own stylists in their everyday lives, much like all of us are!

So anyways, I got this from the internet, so the pic is not originally from me...I forgot the source but if you peruse the internet and google an image of her, you'll find it...

I absolutely L-O-V-E this outfit.  It embodies the cool westcoast feel of a spring night out. It's not really that I'm obsessed with her outfit, but the idea of the crisp look of white skinny jeans and a contrasting top that makes the whole outfit pop.  It's so chic and casual, yet sexy in it's own way.  The aviators is icing to the cake on this uber chic day-to-nite outfit.

two words...LOVEs It.
I know, I just can't say it enough...

I love that this outfit can be for a dinner night out or just a daytime lunch with friends.  Versatility is the key to my wardrobe these days, or at least it's my striving point in what clothes I buy.  I am not a busy person by nature, but there are days that seem to just go on forever, and from one event to the next, I need my outfit to fit into every place and occasion I'm going to in a flash.  As far as the white jeans are considered this season, they are a great trend I welcome, considering I also love white to begin with!

When it comes to casual chic, I have to admit, I don't always hit the mark. lol.

Anyways, so I recently bought my own pair of white jeans (yet to be altered lol) and while I'm not expecting to look exactly like Lady V (one can only dream! lol) I do take this as my main inspiration for how to dress up the white jeans for the spring and summer season!  Of course I bought mine for a steal! lol.  At the moment, I opted out of investing in a more expensive pair of jeans, since it's one of those that could get stained easily or destroyed in the wearing process over time.  I don't want to have to feel bad later on lol.  I got my pair of white jeans from Sirens for $29.50(CDN).  Though I do love the distressed & destroyed look on the jeans, since there's a possibility that I may end up wearing these said jeans to work, I chose the more conservative route...The one without the destroyed effect! lol.  Maybe down the road I'll pick up a pair of the destroyed ones, who knows.



FYI, in case you'd like to find a pair of white jeans, here are some places I considered:

American Eagle  $39.90 (CDN) on sale.  (REG. $59.90)
I recently bought 2 pairs from AE on my last cross-border trip, and so  I figured they couldn't stir me wrong with the white jeans.  The jeans were good, but I found the sizing to be abit off for me in this style.  The waist was abit wider than I'd like and so I decided to opt out.  Nevertheless, I did love the destroyed look of it, and also the skinny jeans style.

Sirens $29.50 / $25.50 / $20.50 (CDN)
So I chose the most expensive one, mostly cause of the fit and look.  There are three different styles of white denim available, ranging on the price.  Basically, as far as Sirens is concerned, you get what you pay for.  I thought it was worth the price I paid for, so I'm happy!

Bluenotes $39.90 (CDN)
Okay, so the price isn't so bad considering.  Also, they  have a sale going on currently where if you buy one at regular price, you get the 2nd half off...Not bad eh!? I never really tried them on, though I do frequent the store for jeans when I shop locally.  The only con I have about the jeans from my observation, It's not quite white.  If you're picky about the whiteness of the jeans, chances are they may not be for you.  Think of it as sort of an off-white.  eggshell? lol.

Garage $39.99 (CDN)
Don't quote me about the price, I'm going from memory (and if you know me well, you'd know not to fully trust this! lol)  The jeans are a good clean, crisp white shade, but the skinny part of the jeans aren't quite there.  Of course if you're abit thicker in the thigh area (lol) then it may be better for you! Mind you it does have the destroyed look to it, and therefore wearing it to the office may not work.

Forever 21 $39.50 (CDN)
Another cute pair of white jeans that just looks bright white and lovely! It's oh-so-skinny legs make it hard for me to fit into lol but it's a pretty good option if you don't want to spend so much. 

I hope these options helped out.  Of course there are the other more common options to choose from, but if you're on a tight budget, or just not sure if you'd like to spend major $$ (like me) on it until you know for sure, then it's a good starting point.
As always, Happy Shopping! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...