Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Classics.




The young go with the trend, but once you get older there is more of a transition to the classics that become your timeless pieces to work with and swear by.  Here are my top pics for classics that --in my mind, will stand the test of time and prove to be as fashionable then as it is now.

Here are some classics that I am absolutely inlove with!

*sigh* A girl can dream..



I sometimes find myself shying away from trends knowing that in my 30s, its more important than ever to transition my look into a more practical one that is suitable for my age.  I've learnt early on that though trends are fun and great to sometimes try, there is something to be said about having some pieces in your closet that will stay fashionable long before you start to appreciate them and long after they've paid for their use.  With that said, here are a few that I think should be a staple for every young lady that wants to have investment pieces for their closet that can be timeless and classy for years to come.

The Tweed Jacket

The ultimate LBJ, Little Black Jacket -- Chanel.  It is the standard for which tweed jackets use to imitate and duplicate.  It is the ultimate classy jacket to wear --daytime with jeans and flats to an LBD and pumps --it is definitely one to keep as an investment piece.

The Everyday Bag

Okay, in fairness, having a birkin bag is somewhat of a pipe dream of mine.  It's not easily bought and even if I did have the cash to bankroll this beauty, there is that little thing called the waiting list to get into lol.  A lot of trouble but in my mind, well worth it.  That's if you have the extra several thousand to spend.  It's not that I necessarily have to have this bag, but the symbol of this bag --a well crafted investment piece that works with any outfit, any situation...That is my ideal bag!

The Black Pumps


I am absoulutely in love with these.  I have a shoe shelf full of shoes that I will gladly trade in for one pair of Christian Louboutins! lol.  I love the red sole, the fine craftsmanship of a gorgeous pair of leather shoes.  Need I say more? it's like the ultimate fix for a shoe junkie such as myself!  If you adore fashion or a fashionista at heart, you will be able to appreciate the importance of a staple shoes such as the black pumps!

The Timepiece


Again, a pipedream that I will gladly make come true once I win the lotto max lol.  Trust me, this and the birkin bag are on the list! lol.  I think that a beautiful timepiece is essential to finish off an outfit and to be able to tell time! It's like icing on the cake of an outfit if you will.  Wearable art for the wrist!  Though most of us are unable to afford Chanel or Rolex, a good alternative would be Marc Jacobs or even Michael Kors.



The Peacoat
 It's been on my wishlist every fall season since it came out.  It's a staple that no woman should be without --the peacoat.  The neutrality makes it work for jeans and tee kinda day or dress it up for a night on the town.  It's similar to the wool blazer, though it gives it more of a casualness to it in a way.


one honorable mention that is more out of sheer want than necessity...

Gorgeous! A pair of platform louboutins...so drool worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...