Thursday, July 5, 2012

From Paris via NYC with love - The Tulip Skirt




I am so inlove with this skirt -- it has a slight twist to the regular tulip skirt.  It was an awesome find at the BCBG outlet store while in NYC.  At first you don't think it works when holding it up --I had to take a second look, even try it on since it looked oddly mishapen when not worn.  Once I tried it on however, your natural shape fills the skirt,  draping of the fabric in all the right places and creates a wrap like effect.  It's like magic! the natural tulip shape of the skirt just appears as you wear it.



What I wore:

Top: Forever 21

Skirt: BCBG Paris 

Belt: BCBG

Watch: Guess

Shoes: BEBE

I usually like to wear tailored articles of clothing, being petite i find that it creates more shape as opposed to drapey, shapeless styles.  I've learnt over the years however, that chosing the right clothes that drape in just the right places actually creates just as good of an effect if not better, in terms of accentuating the body and whichever part you are most proud to show.

The belt was a whim of a purchase from my afternoon stroll through Oakridge Mall with my bf.  We walked around with the purpose of helping me find a wedding gown to wear for my cousin's wedding (not mine lol) and instead, found another cool belt to wear!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...