Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cosmetic Gala Madness at The Bay!~*

beats:: Check it Out -Nicki Minaj ft Will.i.am

OOTD:: jammies =)

fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: platform shoes! I love them sky high heels!

Tonight was The Bay's annual Cosmetic Gala during the holidays.  It was the perfect opportunity to combine two of my current obsessions, makeup and shopping! The freebies didn't hurt either! lol.

We started off by checking in at the door, fashionably late...Once arriving, we received complimentary Givenchy giftbags filled with fragrance samples! sweeeet.

I  must say, when I think of perfumes that I usually gravitate to, Givenchy usually doesn't spring to mind immediately...I guess that's what samples are for!  We got Givenchy Play Intense a men's and women's sample, Play for her, Ange ou demon and Ange ou Demon Silk Body Veil. luvs!

I was planning on gettin' glammed up for the gala, just because I relish the opportunity to dress up anytime any occasion calls for it.  I figured with all my shopping I might as well use what I buy! Unfortunately, with the unexpected traffic on the way home from work and eating dinner, in the end I had less time than I thought.  I ended up wearing work clothes once again.  It's becoming somewhat of a trend with me as I start to live more and more in my work clothes...

Thank goodness for fashionable work clothes!

So in my work clothes I went.  I am wearing a Jacob loose top, BCBG bandage skirt and BEBE platform sandals.

I ended up with an unexpected bag full of Mac goodies!!! =)

I don't usually buy this much makeup, but with the opportunity in front of me and several items I had waited to purchase until the Gala it was the perfect time!
So here's what I ended up buying...

clockwise starting from the Tin...

-5 smokey thrillseekers pigments/glitter: contains pigments in blue brown, naked, dark soul & jigs and jive with cranberry glitter.

-Tartan tale eyeshadow in Golden crown

-no. 217 blending brush

-paint pot eyeshadow base in Soft Ochre

the pro palette in the picture was not bought tonight--I already owned it before-hand.

All in all it was a good night.  We ventured into the fragrances, other cosmetics counters--I even tried a bronzer at Nars, but nothing seemed to catch our fancy but MAC.  I had fun getting to ask questions and get makeup tips from the MAC pro's.

I can't wait to try my purchases!

Another successful night for me!~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...