Friday, July 23, 2010

Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear: Loves it.

The world of fashion moves two steps ahead of the normal world, and anticipates the ever-changing trends of the public.  I always get excited about fall during summer and thus, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the sneak peak of Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear collection.  I had my eye on one designer in particular, Chloe.

For those that know me well, I rarely spend my hard earned $$$ on the designer clothing.  I much rather invest in another lux, handbags.  Ever so often, however, I do venture to the designers to get ideas on the upcoming season and what looks good and what may not. 

Chloe
Under the hands of what style.com has mentioned to be the first female designer at the Fashion house of Chloe since Phoebe Philo, Hannah Macgibbon shows her take on the Chloe Fashion 2010 Ready-to-Wear collection.  Exciting! Finally! A woman back to take the healm.  Mind you, she was also a protege of Ms. Philo, who I believe has her own line now (must put on the list to check out!).
So her colour of choice was quite obvious from the first few photos of the Runaway show in Paris.  Lots of neutrals, beige and camel tones.  In fact, one of the most recognizable pieces she has which I've seen so far in two mags, is the Jumpsuit--one being in the Fall preview section of the July 2010 of Harper's worn by Cameron Diaz. 

I love that this colour is once again the dominant colour for fall.  It's fresh and chic, casual but yet dressy.  As style.com desribes it, it's 'grown up' and a new take on the fashion house and it's old flirty, feminine style.  The mens wear inspired looks are just gorgeous.





Burberry Prorsum
At the hands of Christopher Bailey, this fashion powerhouse has breathed new life into an oldie but a fave, the shearling jacket.  It's like old style jackets that the pilots used to wear, updated and ready for the fall 2010.  If you're looking for them, there was a pre-order that went off with the fashion show in London so it may be abit of a wait lol.

With a heavy theme of style--olive tones and military inspired outerwear and a touch of feminine lace.


Chanel
The house of Chanel--Lagerfeld goes with the theme of Ice and fur.

Very noticeable in each of his pieces, furn and tweed with a touch of feminine retro.  I'm not quite sure what to make of the collection, it's ready-to-wear pieces but yet, somewhat out there for my taste--it still feels like couture pieces.  I am a devoted fan of Chanel, but the collection may just be too out there for me.  I love fur, but in pants? Nevertheless, it's a fresh, cool take on the collection.  It kind of reminds me of bigfoot lol.



Dries Van Noten
A name I've seen and heard in fashion.  I'm not quite familiar with his design style but his Fall ready-to-wear collection is just gorgeous!

He, like Burberry, had the olive tones and military inspired design.  There were also retro feminine dresses that blended with the military and plaid.  He blended the hues and the style together into a nice collection that fits the fall trends.





Many more designer fall collections on preview at the style.com website.

Check 'em out...no need to wait for Holts to stock up before taking a peak at what's ahead for the next season...Though if I know fashion and retail, they should be getting the start of their fall shipments, as we speak! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...