Thursday, July 29, 2010

Online v. In-store?

I love to shop....It's like having an honorary black-belt in what I consider to be a sport.

I love shopping and as such, I tackle these kinds of shopping dilemmas. haha you're probably thinking 'wow those are some hard-hitting problems you face..' lol indeed.  When you're an avid shopper like me and you love to get the best out of your hard-earned $$$ you won't be able to escape that lingering question that the world of internet has opened up....

Online or in-store?

By all means, I'm more of an in-store kinda gal.  I love to feel the textures of the fabrics, check every nook and cranny of the piece of clothing (or item), try them on even test it out (if I'm shopping electronics of course!).  I've always said and I will always say that there is nothing that beats the experience of in-store shopping.  I love that when I want to buy something, I won't have to wait for how many shipping days to receive it!  Also, when the sales staff is great, it feels like I'm the only customer they are catering to! (thanks to the Marciano Staff on Robson!).

But what about online shopping??? 

I've recently been more tempted to go online shopping lately.  I've been hesitant and doubtful about it because it's hard to judge an item based on the picture, and even then, if you're disappointed you'll end up having to pay for the return even if you get your money back for the said item.  Though kudos to Aldo Online store, they take returns in-store for anything purchased online--provided a few conditions of course!**see bottoms for conditions.  The one thing I absolutely hate about the whole online buying is that even though the item has been charged to the credit card, you would have to wait days for shipping, especially if it's coming from US or further.  There is also the extra charges--when you order from the US (which is really the only reason I would even consider it!) there are times when the online retailer you order from doesn't pre-pay the brokerage, duties & other handling fees associated with shipping cross-border.  What may initially cost less than say $40 could end up costing you $100 after the charges and conversion...umm, that's not so much of a deal is it!?

As daunting as it is to even think about online shopping, there are benefits to it.  You may be able to buy something that you wouldn't otherwise be able to within your local area.  I always find that having the option of buying US-only sold goods makes it easier than having to always wait until I go on vacation to Vegas or Seattle.  Also, the thought of having all your shopping done without ever leaving your home much less the comfort of your own bed sounds very tempting!  There are times when I'd rather stay in bed, but still want to go shopping! haha though that may be more of a con than a pro.  Also, cross-border shopping ensures that when the exchange rate is good, you maximize your buying power with sometimes cheaper goods in the US! DEALS! yay! lol.

There are different reasons to choose both shopping methods, and while I will always choose going to the store and buying it in person, the choice of having one-click shopping is getting harder and harder to resist!

What is your shopping style and why?




**Aldo return policy generally is that if you buy an item online and you don't like it, provided

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...