Thursday, February 3, 2011

Make Peace, not war.

I've been avoiding the news lately, as bad as that sounds, because I didn't want to see the situation developing in Cairo, Egypt.  I hear something here and there, and what little I've heard already started to sicken me so I refused to read the news about more.

Even though I try to avoid it, one thing that pulled me back was the outrageous actions against the journalists.  It's understood that they take great risks every time they report out of any dangerous situation to bring back the news to the masses.  They have always remained neutral, only reporting what they see unfolding.  I found it an outrage that within the last few days, the violence has been so rampant that even the journalists themselves have been caught in the violence, even being so far as to have been harassed or injured.


For any tourists, citizens and journalists that have had to endure what unfolded in Egypt--it is just horrendous and heartbreaking.  I realize that sometimes change is just not possible without some protest and violence but it's hard to see that some bring about change at the risk of others.

It makes me proud to live in a nation that considers democracy and the voice of the people important.  We sometimes take for granted all that we have where we live, being in Canada and having all the freedoms and liberties that we forget we have that others only strive to hope for.

I hope that the violence and unrest ends soon...Every nation deserves to have peace and stability...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...