Thursday, August 18, 2011

Vintage Inspired: Lovin' it the second time around!

via digitalspy.com
One of my all-time fave movies *smile* So much so that I actually have a DVD copy (courtesy of my bro!) watching it from time to time.

I love the fashion in this movie, not to outshine the movie plot line itself of course...To know that it's once again resurfaced as part of fashion these days.  You really can recycle the styles of yester-year! lol.



My fave is in the opening scene where Liz Taylor's character is getting ready to pick up her father in-law at the airport, while talking to Paul Newman's character, her husband.


It was fashionable then, and it's come back now...The long, below-the-knee pencil skirt that's become a fashion staple for work wear.  It gives a nice silhouette--sexy but not revealing, and conservative enough for a day-to-night look.

It's paired with a simple white short-sleeved blouse, very chic and simple.

Another look that I absolutely loved, the white dress.  Flattering without hugging every curve, it's beautiful and flowy.

It's simple and elegant!

I tried getting my boyfriend to watch this with me but alas, trying to get him to watch the classics is like trying to get me interested in Accounting! lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...