Monday, May 13, 2013

Weekend Round-up: last sunny weekend

I had a bit of a long weekend thanks to being sick on friday...I spent the day at the doctor's and pharmacy lol.  Life of a kid in a bubble lol -- well I'm not really a kid and no, I am not in a bubble.  I do however, have an unfortunate allergy-related respiratory problem (sounds more serious that it actually is!) that makes it sucky to go for long periods without my trusty inhaler.  lol. Anyways, enough of that...

I was able to get better over the weekend though, after some much needed rest, and my inhaler! :-)

Here's a recap of my weekend...

As part of the social shopper deal I got from last year of free appointments for the year (two vouchers for a facial) I got my laser treatment at Kits Laser and Spa on Broadway.

Check out Social Shopper for similar deals!

Last saturday was my 3rd so far and I must say, they certainly amp up the pain level after awhile! lol.  I felt a slight burning sensation that dissipated after an hour or so but I was sans makeup for the day (or at least foundation). The bf was kind enough to come with me to the appointment so I treated him to brunch after (which I guess wasn't really treating him since I borrowed a $20 for the tip at the laser appointment) and coffee beforehand.  The sunshine diner where we ate, had lots of Marilyn Monroe and Elvis memorabilia, like going on a time-warp to the era when they reigned the box office.

After brunch we parted ways as he went to cut the grass and do some other chores before the rain set in, while I headed out with the cousin for some shopping.  Unfortunately, our downtown jaunt was cut short by the drizzle and my unwillingness to walk in the rain--even with an umbrella.  The shopping trip was eventful as we bought some jewelry, clothes and the cousin finally gave in to the urge and bought herself a blazer from Zara she had long wanted.

For dinner the bf and I decided to order from Pizza Factory (his fave pizza spot) which isn't half bad and one place I am willing to compromise on with him.  We had a small pizza, hotwings, butter chicken and samosas! (wow I just sounded like a pig! lol).  We relaxed abit after dinner then left for a local spot for the after-hours crowd on Main street, Locus.  Ever been? It's a must-go local spot, with the ecclectic deco of what seems like the outdoors are brought in by the overgrown branches stretching out from various parts of the resto from the corners of the bar.  It's delightfully unique with an easy-going vibe. 

Sunday was more family day as I returned home and spent a nice dinner and some laughs with the familia for Mother's day.

How was your weekend spent? (comment below!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...