Monday, May 27, 2013

Weekend Roundup: tempermental weather and fridate wonderfulness!


Pacific Centre dome - view from the inside
 Happy Monday lovelies!

I thought I'd share a little bit of my city's architectural wonders to start for a change! gorgeous, no? This is the view from the inside of the Pacific Centre Mall dome. 

I am once again looking worse for the wear from the weekend after a busy yet uneventful past few days.  I like when the days just flow and things happen and yet it still feels relaxing. 

The weekend started out right with work letting out an hour early for the weekend.  I wasn't able to get out as early, leaving just half hour shy of our regular clock out, but being in the position that I am, I rarely ever get to partake in those little perks...


Friday:

I was able to spend some alone time in downtown as I was waiting for le bf to get off work from the last night shift of the month for him.  It's nice to be able to roam and have some time to think and wander.  He picked me up on the way home from work about the same time I was started to get bored! lol.

We went home, rested and got ready for our late night dinner--the usual fridate! We decided to try something new last minute after I had renigged on my idea of dinner at Ebisu (which I had previously chosen) and so we went with a suggestion from a friend, West Oak.  I must say, between the fresh mussels for appys and the gorgeous ribeye split entree, it was an uber delish meal.  One for the books!

After dinner, we decided to hit up Brooklyn in Gastown.  A new club/lounge that was formerly Canvas Lounge.  I was pleasantly surprised by the crowd--pretty upscale for that part of town! I've not seen that many guys in suits and ladies decked out in awhile.  The dj, DJ Skilla--an acquaintance of the bf is a fairly known house dj that spun good tracks and mixes and kept the crowd partying all night!

Saturday:

Sadly, after a night out, le bf is usually more about sleeping and staying in than anything else.  We went to a late brunch at Helen's Grill and then I met up with my cousin for some girl time while the bf stayed in and shook the hangover off.  I came home around dinner time to which we proceeded to head just close by to our fave local Thai spot Sawasdee Thai Restaurant.  I tell ya, if you are ever around the neighborhood you most definitely need to try this! It is a local gem of a spot that serves delicious thai cuisine and no pretense! Did i mention the great service?? That is a plus for me!

Sunday:
Just another day running errands and school work catch-up!

I hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as I enjoyed mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...