Thursday, August 19, 2010

Food for thought #1: skin care up in smoke

I think that when it comes to skin care, there are many women (even men) that are more finicky and consistent with their regimen than I am.  I admit, while clean and healthy skin is a priority of mine, I don't always rush to the closest drugstore or aesthetician for the latest cosmetic fix or facial treatment.

I know that having healthy and youthful skin is important, but in my mind, ageing gracefully without any articifical enhancements and surgeries is also important.  That, and I usually get lazy lol.

I don't spend thousands of dollars on serums and creams, but I do realize and keep in mind the importance of taking care of my skin and doing preventative maintenance.  I do the regular care of cleaning my skin of impurities and making sure that I sleep soundly without any trace of makeup left in my skin. 

I should say that I'm not without days where I'd pass out after a late night of clubbing and had forgotten to wash my face! 

Trust me, lol It's not a pretty sight to wake up in the morning and find your pillow case looking like the shroud of turin and find an ugly, hot mess when you look yourself in the mirror haha.  Racoon eyes are not pretty!  Most nights, I do try to keep myself as regular with my facial regimen as I do about my morning multi-grain breakfast! =)


Anyways, my point being here is that you can be the most dedicated with your regimen and have the latest and greatest of skin care lines and treatments--none of that is going to save your skin if you don't take care of your inner self as well.

What do I mean?

There are certain bad habits that just don't help the skin; Smoking, drinking and late nights are contributing factors in signs of stress showing on your skin.  I'm guilty of 2 out of 3 of those vices myself...I'll go out for drinks after work or stay up late and not get enough sleep for work the next day.

No matter how advanced your skin care regimen is, there is no substitute for taking care of yourself and making sure that all is right on the inside first.  I'm no expert thats for damn straight, but I know that when my body is not acting right and I'm endulging in unhealthy habits, it will show in my skin no matter how much exfoliating or facial masks I try.

I kid you not; this is for your own good, as well as mine.  I just wanted to share that sometimes, it's not just about what's in the surface--you have to keep in mind that what you take in can affect your outer self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...