Friday, August 20, 2010

Fashion inspiration #2

I thought I'd talk about my second fashion (and overall inspiration for life) inspiration--Kim Kardashian.

I love the Kardashian sisters not for their fame, but their ability to be true to themselves and take being in the public eye in stride no matter if it's negative or positive publicity.

I think that Kim Kardashian is an inspiration to all girls.  I admit, I was less than impressed with the leaked alleged sex tape incident but at the same time I get that no one is perfect.  People make mistakes and it's all in how you rise back up in the face of it and move on.  She has certainly made her way through the world just fine and gotten past it well enough...

I love her love of her own body and herself.  I get that she does have an enviable body that anyone would die for, but she knows her own flaws and accepts them.  I've read countless interviews and occasionally check out her blog--it's her realness that gets to me the most about her.  She doesn't excuse her flaws, rather acknowledges and accepts.  She gets that while there is room for improvement, it is also important to have love for one's self.

I also love her sense of fashion...Her stylist is such a brilliantly fashionable woman! She rocks any outfit and her and her stylist know what works and what doesn't.  I love that she can take risks with outfits but know what works for her body type and what areas are the most flattering to accentuate.  I recently read the entry on her blog about her 10 fave looks or something like that, and she looked stunning in each of those shots...

I know this isn't fashion related, but I love that she has such a head for business and a good work ethic.  I would love to emulate her sense of go-getter attitude about work and knowing that hard work pays off.  She is certainly an example of dreams that can come true when you work hard and keep on the grind!

Lastly, the genuine love for their family is just unbelievably sweet...

With all they went through, I guess they would know alot about cherishing loved ones...I love that they have such love for each other--especially the three sisters, that instead of competing and the peering green eyed monster, all they've got is love for each other.  I hate how the mags just pit them against each other but through it all they survived and have each other's backs.

If there is anyone worthy of being a role model for true beauty and hard work--it's Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...