Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Caution: straight and narrow ends here..curves ahead!

beats:: hooked on T.I ft Keri Hilson - Got your back

err--curves by way of body type lol.

I usually read US magazines for fashion and makeup inspiration and such, so it was a welcoming change to browse through Flare Magazine for once!

There's really hardly any change from the US format (much like British and US not differing all that much), just that because it's a local mag, they focus somewhat on some of the up and coming Fashion hopefuls--
which is good.

Apparently for Fall 2010, curvy is in again



Kate Moss is once again on the outs with what the stereotypical model form is.  There is even a section to say that the Guess models that were at peak of their turn at the Guess Campaigns--like Anna Nicole Smith(rip) and Claudia Schiffer, are now acceptable once more.  I'm somewhat glad and yet not--I'm a petite lady, and so I don't necessarily fall into the stick thin category, but I don't fall into the curvy model type either. 

Pfft. lol.

I'm glad that women across North America are once again allowed to embrace their curves--as dictated by the Fashion Powers that be.

I continue to be proud of the few curves I've got and strive to keep myself lean and healthy--which is harder than it looks! *argh!*

sidenote: I am sooooo hooked on this new TI song...LUVS times 100.  really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...