Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Winter blues are over...Back to business! attire that is.

beats:: imma be - black eyed peas
outfit of the day:: Banana Republic Black&White tweed s/s blazer, black racer back tanktop & Mimi McQueen black high-wasted skirt and Nine West black & white maryjane pumps
fave fashion accessory of the day/moment::my black tweed blazer from BR =)

It's another sunny day in the neighborhood.  It's deceivingly beautiful outside, as if the sun is calling out the flip-flops to be brought out to the beach...little do we know what awaits us outside...

8 degrees!!! geez...It's still not quite beach weather folks! lol.

Anywhoos.

Today I decided that rain or shine, ride or not (sometimes I have to wait at the library for a ride home, and that means walking all the way there! lol) I am going to dress nice today.  Not that I dress like a bum these days-- actually that's sort of a lie.  I am bordering on bum chic and bummy/business casual most days at work.  It's not the most eye-pleasing but it's comfy.  It's easier to get stuff done if I'm more comfy while moving around.  Also, I try to get my daily walks during lunch, and the heels just get in the way.

The art of dressing for business is not lost on me...it just hybernated for the winter!

It just seems as though most days that I dress a certain way, I feel so over-dressed.  It certainly does little to ward off the cold chill outside when I take my daily walk.  I guess it gets easier lately, with the winter weather, to dress bummy.  I think that all women go through this during winter.  The heels just fade away and comfier boots like Uggs tend to get incorporated (and sometimes take over) as part of work wear.  I've been guilty of it myself.  It's alot warmer during the winter when one gets bundled up in more comfort wear, and somehow fashion gets lost until spring arrives.

Voila!

spring has sprung, and fashion has once again risen! lol.

It's easier to wear skirts and dresses again, along with pumps and flats instead of the usual Uggs.  Of course, the morning still gets chilly and so boots are still somewhat visible at some point, but at least its alot less chilly to be walking around in heels once again!

Bring out the fashion ladies...it's on!~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...