Friday, March 19, 2010

Tis' the season...for Sunglasses!!

beats:: eh eh (nothing else I can say) - lady Gaga
outfit of the day:: same as below (what!? i blog alot during the day lol)
fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: my CHANEL sunglasses =)

LOVE, Love, love the most beautiful, sunny day on a friday afternoon!~*

simply awesome is what I say!~

I thought that what better time to blog about sunglasses than a sunny, gorgeous day like today!?

During spring and summertime, one of my most fave accessories are my sunglasses...To be able to whip 'em out on a day like this is just pure happiness!  I've got two sunglasses at the moment (far less than the 5 or 6 I used to have....)  Though I owe fewer pairs than before, they are more expensive, and therefore better cared for than my 5 others which, combined, totals to just my one pair of Chanel Sunglasses.  I splurged last winter (lol odd time to buy sunglasses eh!?) for a nicer pair instead of opting for a cheapie once more...I'm glad to say that it's quite worth my $$$.  It's even gotten me through the toughest time, like at my Grandma's funeral...I mourned a la Audrey Hepburn, breakfast at Tiffany's style...

My other fave of the moment, which I have to say, it's been tougher to find than my normal plastic frames, is the Aviators.  I would really like to one day own a pair of Ray-Ban's....In Gold Frames would be preferred! lol...Unfortunately, i've hit my quota on my sunglass purchases for the time being lol, so even though a pair of Ray-Ban's wouldn't set me back alot, I had to walk away...  I bought a cheaper (albiet just as pretty!) pair of Marc Jacobs Aviator frames....I luv them dearly, though they are abit lighter in shade than what i'd like, not to mention they may not be polarized....

Now, I'm not against' the cheapies by any means....I've even bought so many in the past, it's a nice substitution while you find the perfect pair of frames to invest in.  Unfortunately, if you're like me, who doesn't tend to take care of the cheaper ones, it will tend to end up seeming like disposables than for keeps...It's all in how you care for them and how much usage you'll get out of them...Someone that works outdoors and during summertime would require wearing them alot would be better off investing in a good pair with polarized frames and heavy-duty quality to them, as opposed to an indoor domesticated office gal like me, who is lucky to even see the light of day from my office window most times!

My past worthy sunglass purchases have come from various stores...I've often ventured to Aldo or Le Chateau for a quick pair of shades a time or two.  They can range from about $15-$30 for a good pair of stylish sunglasses...I should warn you that though they are cheaper, they don't come with the sweet extras that a pricier one would come with...namely? a case! Yep, a case.  I have sat on a pair of sunglasses before, and trust me, it ain't pretty....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...