Friday, March 26, 2010

Haunting of fashion's past.

beats:: pretty woman - roy orbison
outfit of the day:: same ol'...
fave fashion accessory of the day/moment::

So last wednesday was the 20th anniversary of the movie, pretty woman =)

I love love love that movie...I thought that Richard Gere was pretty hot back then lol and the story was just too cute.

Anways, I was just thinking about the styles that were in the movie back then...Aren't some of them sort of in fashion?  lol.  I remember Julia Robert's character in the fitted mini skirt and over-the-knee boots.  Ha! good inspiration eh?!? Who wouldve known that a hooker outfit in the 90s would be all the rage for the season.  Mini skirts and even micro mini tunic dresses are the hit of spring!  Even the pastel pink coloured shorts and blazer combo she had (memory is abit fuzzy forgive me if i misquote a scene outfit lol) when she was writing him a letter before leaving the hotel room...Another hit trend this spring!

Speaking of fashion's past revisiting, I was watching felicity the other day and I noticed that in a few episodes, the title character was wearing a plaid shirt which was i guess the hit NYU student fashion thing (must have been the same time as the emo/grunge seattle trend) at the time...It's funny how it's rolled over into the fall/winter '09 and spring '10 trends.

There's also the platform shoes that's come back in style! *thank goodness!* ...For a shortie like me, I need all the height I can get...Also, higher heels tend to elongate the legs =)

and the list goes on...

I guess fashion really does come around eventually to the older inspired trends.  I should keep some of my trendy stuff just in case another trend comes back in fashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...