Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Channeling my inner lumberjack-ness!~*

beats:: carryout- timbaland ft justin timberlake
outfit of the day:: fair isle cardigan, grey leggings & over-the-knee boots
fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: over-the-knee boots

Bonjour Lovelies!

As I'm writing this blog, I can hear the song Carry-out by Timbaland & JT faintly playing on replay in my head...

It's not the greatest song, mind you they wrote it about what seems to be a metaphor related to girls and fast-food (i don't know if I like being compared to fast-food take out lol), but its quite catchy....

Anyways, lately I've clearly been all about flannel/plaid lately, as I have chosen to purchase more of them for my 'casual wear' collection lol...I must admit, this trend took awhile to have its effect on me, but it's finally gotten me..Frankly, I've always associated flannel with lumberjacks and outdoorsy wear, and while I have nothing against both, I've always had a more crisp, solid clean-cut look to me, and I just saw this giving the appearance of a somewhat dishevelled person...I decided to try it anyways!

I've looked around quite abit before settling on where to buy my plaid shirt.  I went everywhere from Aritzia (which seems to have picked flannel/plaid made out of gold for the price they're shelling it out for!) to Sirens and even Guess...All the stores dished out their own take on the trend, all with drawstrings, roll-up with the button and even rouching!? Ever so creative as they were, it still lacked the cool, casual style I longed for...Afterall, I was trying to look effortlessly casual and comfy, and embelishments screamed the opposite!

My first actual purchase came from Bluenotes cause it seems to be the least crazy of colours, comblination of grey, blue red and white.  It was subdued enough for me to be comfortable about pulling it off.  More recently I came out of the store with two more purchases from Bluenotes, both being more flannel.  This one is the Plaid Boyfriend Rollup shirt that retails for $24.50.  I would've just gotten only one if it weren't for their sales...damn their BOGO sales! lol...Sometimes you can't help but buy more than one!  I ended up buying one in Navy and Jade.  I am contemplating on buying the Rust colour, since it's more reddish than I'd care to wear on a daily basis, but hey, flannel wasn't an instant luvv for me either...but now we're a match made in casual heaven!

I finally found my shirt, somewhere between abercrombie OC cool and the crisp colour combinations =)

Thank you bluenotes, for helping with my search for the perfect plaid shirt for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...