Monday, March 22, 2010

I heart bags...spring edition!~*

beats:: dead and gone - TI ft Justin Timberlake
outfit of the day:: White Pinstriped dress shirt, AE Indigo Skinny Jeans, Banana Republic Camel Wool Blazer and black payless flats =)
fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: small purses &l <3 'em!

Spring has sprung...beatiful blooms are upon us!!

Okay, so my song choice for today isn't quite matching with the mood...but I was just watching TI's Behind the Music thing...He's still muy caliente in my book!~*

...with a new season comes my new luv for the season, smaller purses/clutches! I simply adore 'em! *luv luv*

Okay, so my new found mini-obsession has lead me to one store in particular lately...ALDO..oh my they have a wide array of beautiful clutches and smaller purses that are oh-so-irresistable!  To be honest, I have this ongoing love affair with bags...They are just a bad weakness of mine lol...It's that or shoes...

*I just can't resist!*

Currently, my two new purchases to date are a far stretch from my usual big bags, but I've noticed that there are a few times when big bags aren't the most useful.  I'm a gal that didn't used to like purses at clubs, in fact, I'd hate to bring bags so much that I used to just use this wristlet (literally velcro'd to my wrist lol) filled with money and my cards.  Handy, but didn't fit much else.  Lately I've wanted to be able to bring a purse inside filled with at least a little cardholder and some makeup to touch up with whenever I turned abit shiny from all the dancing lol.

So here are my two purse purchases....

I had bought this first one in Seattle at Southcenter Mall.  I needed a purse to bring to the club or lounge that was abit bigger than my BEBE little clutch since it seemed abit too small for me to be able to carry both my phone and camera at the same time. 

ALDO handbag spring '10 collection - $30.00 (USD)
I love the soft, camel colour leather.  It's so spring!
The gold metal hardware is sooo cute..Luvs it!
The hardware was ver nicely detailed! Gave it a classy look.
The inside of the bag was very nice, nothing special but nice matching brown fabric.


This second one was bought tonight! <3's it too! I decided to buy a bigger purse instead of the usual small clutch I use for Happy Hour. I thought it was a cute size to bring about town when I wasn't upto to my usual fave the LV top-handle. Don't get me wrong, it woudn't fit all the usuals that would fit inside my usual top-handle purses but this one is cute enough to use for casual dates or for a nice evening out for happy hour =) Again, I opted for the lovely metal hardware details, even a ribbon on the side for an additional touch of femininity and class =) It channels the Chanel-esque beauty without having to rip-off the chicness of Chanel! (translation: it doesn't look like a fake Chanel! lol) I think of it more as inspired by the look of the Chanel quilted shoulder bag (which I hope to one day have!!)
I love love love the light pale grey shade of the handbag...so spring!
It has the cutest details, so feminine, with the ribbon on the side!
The inside is simple, like my previous bag, but lots of side pockets and a zippered one! (its always a must!)
It has the cute metal lock detail as well! =) This one is in silver this time.
the metal chain hardware is so Chanel-inspired...so classic! <3s it much!

So those are my two new purchases in awhile in the bag area...

I admit, they're not my usual bags, but they are more of a grown-up classy type of bag that encourages me not to try packing my whole room into my purse! lol...They do a good job pulling a double duty of classy evening bag and casual out on the town bag...I think it works!

Did I mention that both just happen to be part of the Spring trends? lol I didn't even set out to try and get into the trends...It kind of just happened!

lol i went to the mall for a movie, then ended up with a handbag as well! that was one expensive movie date!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...