Friday, March 19, 2010

An event to remember at Marciano~*

beats::  bedrock - young money
outfit of the day:: Bluenotes Plaid Boyfriend roll-up shirt, AE skinny Jeans in Indigo (luvs it!) and aldo boots
fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: plaid shirt!

Hello friday, hello sunshine!~* I'm in a gloriously happy mood! =)

I'm in a peppy mood today as the sun is shinning and it's one day away from the official start of spring..could it get any better!? seriously!?  I'm bursting at the seams with joy =)

So last night was the Marciano Event for the Sneak Peak at their Spring Collection at Oakridge Center.  It was a private event, with a doorman/security and a guesslist Lady at the door!  I felt so special =)

When we came in, we were greeted by servers with a tray of complimentary champagne and hors d'oeuvres... *classy*  While shipping our champagne, we walked around the store browsing for our wants and needs!  I waited all day to get to the event, and it did not disappoint.  There's so much to look forward to for spring at Marciano, I can't hardly wait! =)

I ended up buying the dress that I had so longed for.  The Adoria Corset Sweater Dress!  It was on my mind as I walked the store to browse their new line for the season.  I have to say, their new dresses were just beautifully gorgeous.  I had a particular liking for the one shoulder maxi dress in a sort of tye-dye effect in seafoam green and coral blue...I luv luv luv it! it's so tropical and summery! I swear if I could pull of a maxi dress, that would have been my very first choice!  It also came in a soft pink and hot pink combo, but I'd still prefer the green/blue, since it just reminds me of the ocean...




I noticed quite a few dresses in the coral blue shade and also the hot pink like the Brooke Corset Dress...Hot isn't it?!? Is this a sign of evening dresses shifting from the LBD to brighter colours? It's quite eye-catching...I think I'll consider it for my next dress purchase!

The eye-catching detail to this dress is actually in the back.  There is a lace-up in the back, which is quite like their halter dress that's been previously in seasons' past.




I almost got this dress last night too, if I hadn't gotten the other dress.  I just found it abit conservative, and since I've bought dresses that are somewhat similar, I thought I'd try something abit more sexy this time around.  Don't get me wrong, it was hard to choose between the first and this one, The Laneller Applique Bandage Dress.  It's actually made its way into a previous blog entry of mine (since it came out sooner than the Adoria dress)  I've even contemplated on buying it when i went to Vegas for my birthday.  I decided to wait it out and see how I'd like the Adoria dress instead.

I have to say though, I did end up trying it on before deciding on which to buy (I would have loved to buy both!) and this was a very, very close second! Sooo freakn' comfortable!

Sidenote~* There is one dress I did not see at the event which I would have gladly bought for the new price (lol its on sale..) It's the Misfit Dress.  So this was going to be my NYE dress if I didn't end up tapped out from all the holiday madness! lol...I was soo damn determined to get it by either christmas for the big party I was attending for the bf's company, or at least by NYE for the gala event!  It wouldve been so hot! Oh well, if fate and god intervenes and I get my way, I'll still end up with this oh-so-gorgeous dress!

At night's end, I ended up with a beautiful dress I absolutely can't wait to rock around town!  Also, as an extra perk, I received a gift bag with ultra-fab stuff like gift certs to Eccotique, samples for primer from smashbox etc but the ultimate was finding the $20 giftcard that Marciano included in the bag! *gasp!* Thank you Marciano for making my night!~*

I hope to attend more of these shows...too bad I didn't really get to take any pics..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...