Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A lesson in Class

beats:: koffee brown - didn't mean to turn you on
outfit of the day:: red v-neck sweater, black racerback tanktop & black pants, black puma running shoes
fave fashion accessory of the day/moment:: a pillow to sleep on *yawn*

Yes, I failed in footwear today...It's such a sleepy, lazy tuesday for me. *yawn!* can't contain it anymore!

I believe the weather is just as tired, going back and forth from sunny to cloudy all morning! geez, make up your damn mind! lol.

I was researching one of my favourite trends, the military inspired look and I happened upon this online article from Elle Magazine.  It is written by Whitney Vargas about Derek Blasberg on 'How to be Classy'.  I must admit, I've worn some outfits back in the day, that could've been 'tramp stamped' *lol*.  My journey in fashion has been a bumpy road of discovery along with some trial and errors.  Apparently, according to Mr. Blasberg, women have fallen from grace when it comes to class.  I must admit, he does have a point.  In the season of mini skirts and peek-a-boo lingerie through see-through lace tops, women are exerting far more independence in bolder fashion that can cross the line from bravery to trashy.  If not for anything else, it should be a fun read.  It's not just involving fashion, it really relates to everything from etiquette to fashion to manners.

All this can be read in his new book (which I think was a shameless plug lol) 'Classy, a guide to becoming a true lady'.  What a guy, eh?

If you feel a sudden compulsion to get a crash course in Class, then this is must-read for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...