Friday, March 9, 2012

On Trend: colored jeans

It goes without saying, my style has totally gone off the reservation lately! lol. I've ventured off the path of clean and crisp, my normal white and black monochromatic signature look to experiment with the crazier side of the color wheel. I'm totally inlove with the season's trend of colored jeans and the red pair that I recently purchased is no exception!



Ever since I reached my mid 20s, I've opted out of wearing jeans alot.  In fact, I've increased my wear of leggings (which in itself is a faux pas, as they should never be used as a substitute for pants!) or dressier trousers and even just skirts and dresses.  I've grown accustomed to being more dressy just beacause of the nature of my work environment.
AE has an amazing assortment of colored jeans, ranging from these to yellow and pink even!  I chose these colors because I find that they work best with my existing wardrobe already.  Each of these pairs of jeans cost $49.50 (cdn) and certainly won't be breaking the bank!  I love the comfortable fit--not cutting off the circulation in my legs with the super skinnies.  It's just the right amount of tapering and I love the soft feel!

When it comes to trends, I find that it's best to spend less on an article of clothing and invest more in classics that can transcend one season.  Afterall, you don't want to be stuck with a very expensive trendy item that won't be as trendy the next year!

What trends did you get into?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...