Tuesday, March 6, 2012

On Trend: The Gladiator

Okay, so I'm not talking about some Russell Crow movie, nor will I be fighting in a Roman Coliseum somewhere lol.  I am talking about the trend that sweeped the fashion runways years back, the gladiator sandals.  It's not just any ol' gladiator style sandals, the knee-high Gladiator style sandals became a craze, showing up at Chanel '07 runway.

courtesy of Chanel 2007 fashion show
I am inlove with the gladiator sandals.  It is so ruggedly trendy.  It's an interesting take on the usual boring sandals, opting for a knee-length instead of stopping at the ankles.

It's a show-stopping pièce de résistance to an summer outfit.  It entices much like a sheer stocking or fishnet tights, you see bits of skin but it's caged as part of a sandal.

I was elated to find that Michael Kors brought the trend back with his version of the sandal..

Michael Michael Kors - Seanna boot $250 (USD)
I love love love it! I don't mind if it's not so much in trend right now lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...