Thursday, September 23, 2010

Trend #2: Military style

I've been seeing alot of influence from the military style for designers' fall collection-- namely Burberry Prorsum.  Christopher Bailey is a fashion genius! I loved the military influence in his collection,from his fur lined shearlings to the boots! pure combat fashion heaven.

Sometimes it pays to closet-shop before going to the mall to spend $$$ and ending up in doubles...I've been there, done that and I hate having multiples of something unless I absolutely love it--in that case, I love doubles!

In my rummaging, I've found a military jacket I've long owned, about 3 years now.  It has long since re-appeared back on the trends and I couldn't be more happy! There is nothing better than to hold on to an article of clothing and be vindicated that the years it spent in the closet collecting dust has paid off!


I bought this jacket on sale for I believe $20 at BB Blue.  It resembles this admiral Jacket from Forever 21 that costs $35.80. (fyi, I would never pair a nice cropped military jacket like this with a tattered pair denim shorts...it just doesn't quite go in my opinion...jus sayin.)


I've also recently purchased a long mini obsession of mine since it came out.  The military cargo pants in the skinny version has long caught my eye since it gives a more girlish take to the once baggy cargo pants. 



I first saw it from Aritzia, which if you shop there you would know that it's going to cost an arm and a leg (like about 3 bills!) Not quite as easy for a workin' gal like me.  Plus, I'm not one to just buy something expensive and not end up liking it.  I decided to try other alternatives like going from stores like Sirens or Costa Blanca. 

I ended up buying a pair from Urban Behavior and I must say, I'm quite happy with it.  I'm not looking for the brand name as much as I'm trying to find the perfect fit for me and what I'm willing to spend for.

It cost me $39.50 plus HST (damn you HST...bane of my existence!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...