Thursday, January 13, 2011

Everyday Make-up Essentials

I find that my everyday beauty routine is simplified during the weekdays for work and only after hours and on the weekend do I get to be creative!  I have to say, being creative has been much easier lately with some beauty essentials from MAC Cosmetics that I've come to love!

My palette has been my absolute fave since I got it a year ago.

I've been using it for home as well as travel, and it has saved valuable toiletries space when I do take it with me for travel!  I barely buy eyeshadows in duos, trios or quads because all I have to do is buy refills for my palette and away I go!
I technically need 1 refill left to fill the space and I'm done with my first palette! I am thinking of buying another, but don't want to rush too much because buying too many will just end up being a waste of money if you don't use it all!

I love neutrals (as you can clearly see!) and the basis of smokey eyes, black and a dark, shimmery blue/purple almost midnight navy color.

Another essential I use in my daily makeup routine is the MAC Painpots.  It is the newer version of paints, cream shadows used for a base or primer even by itself it stands out!  It helps to prevent creasing and helps the eyeshadows pop.

I use 'Soft Ochre' and 'Rubenesque'

One more essential that I can think of (which by no means is the last) is my lip glosses.  I love nicely glossed lips for a night out--I mostly prefer nude to siren red on most nights.  I am always on the look out for the perfect nude lips to compliment a beautiful smokey eye.  Hence, my mini collection.
I've heard that smokey eye works best when it's the feature of the face, and everything else must not stand out to compete.  A bright red lip with a dark, smokey eye will  just make the look a hot mess, so the perfect nude lip (which by the way, more than one make-up artist has attested to) will compliment without taking away from the smokey eye.  I tend to agree.  It's a beautiful look when done right, not too overwhelming or crazy.

That's pretty much it for my make-up essentials for now...There's always more, I haven't even talked about my MAC Fix plus! lol but that's for next time! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...