Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New year, new beginnings!

My first official entry in the New Year!

It's three days into the new year and I've already broken one of my resolutions--not to spend so much! lol.  Actually, this one was pre-christmas so I guess it's okay.  I noticed that after several hours clearing my closet and organizing it, I realized that I had way more clothes than I anticipated! Instead of buying more clothes, I've traded up for accessories  which I see I also have no shortage of!  

It's like trading up another obsession for another lol Oh, a shop-a-holic's life...

I am usually not one for animal prints much...a snakeskin skirt and pair of shoes--that's pretty much it.  I don't even think I have any leopard prints in my closet really.  I mostly stick to solids and stripes, thinking about it now. Weird.

I have always associated leopard prints with Peggy Bundy and her infamous fashion in 'Married with Children' and so I have decided long ago to steer clear of it and any other lycra-looking and neon colours or any animal prints that will make me look like her(unless of course it's halloween).  Lately however, I've noticed that more and more celebrities have gravitated towards animal prints, but, thank goodness--have styled it so it's more chic than tacky.  I have decided to give it a try myself, opting for more of a smaller accessory to start with as an accent piece rather than an article of clothing.  Well, I would've also tried a leopard print cardigan, or a pair of Louboutin booties like Kim Kardashian's!

I found this belt from Jacob not too long ago.  It was a great deal I may add--regularly $29.90 and 50% off...I looOoVe sales! =)

I think that with trends, one has to be careful not to go crazy and become an ultimate fashion NO.  Wearing leopard doesn't mean you have to end up looking like an actual leopard!  Animal print is a great way to give your outfit a pop without adding big, bold colors to it.  It still looks classy without blinding anyone!

Who would've thought that Leopard print would be classy!? much less chic for the office wear!?

new year, new trends, new finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...