Thursday, October 20, 2011

Operation Re-organization: a new shoe 'rack'

Since moving into the new place, my life has been revolving around organizing my room and trying to make it as space efficient as humanly possible.  A big part of that organization is finding a nice home for all my wayward shoes...In doing so, I may have also inadvertently tapped into a shoe addiction problem I never realized before now lol.

This is my bf securing my new 'shoe rack'.



The wonders of Ikea never cease to amaze...

This is the Billy bookshelf

While most others would use it to stack their oodles of books, I've found another use that suited my needs more...A shoe shelf!

The finished product after everything has been stacked and the shelf secured to the wall...

I tried to color co-ordinate them as best I could, but because the shelves differ in height, I had to find the best fit for the shoes to maximize my space.

Actually, in the end, I was able to fit more by re-arranging them back to back.

I love that my shoes are all here for me to see in one rack.  It makes the decision process easier!

In my old house, they were in one of the older book cases that I had blogged about (a few entries below) but because the bookshelf was so small, it was harder to get a sense of all the shoes I had, having them all scattered in different areas. (I used to keep some downstairs, some in the bookshelf in my room and others in shoe boxes--quite the mess).

Having it organized this way also helped me to realize how many pairs of one color I had (I didn't notice until now that I had so many pairs of black shoes! ack!)

I found some ideas online from celebrity closets--although didn't go so far as to take every queue from them.  My closet is nowhere near as extravagant! lol.  Even if you don't have a celebrity-sized closet, getting ideas from celebrity closets give you an idea of the ways a closet can be organized.  Afterall, the celebrity closets are professionally arranged for celebrities!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...