Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A true test of a fashonista: shopping with my mom

I always thought that I had true shopping skills, the mark of a great shopper that can shop for anyone, anytime....Just hand me a credit card and I will take care of the rest! I always say.  There comes a moment like tonight, in one's life that humbles one down.

Tonight I took the opportunity to go browsing for a Christmas dinner outfit with my mom.  I normally try not to shop with my mom often, not because I don't want to more because my characteristic doesn't mesh well with hers.  I've realized over the years that I am my father's daughter--meaning we have similar short-tempered natures and can be explosive at times when annoyed.  My brother had the luck of being more like my mom, and for that we don't have the same shopping temperament.

It took all of my patience to deal with her slower than usual decision tendencies, and even then I got a little short with her.  I regret it later, but it seems like every time we get together I always get a bit short despite my best efforts.  I do feel bad...

I guess I need to practice more people skills along with my shopping skills.  Also, it made me realize that I'm not at the same caliber as Stacy and Clinton when it comes to finding the best clothes for anyone! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...